Sunday 26 May 2013

Whipped and Baked, Chichester

Picture taken from Whipped & Baked's Facebook page.
I've been meaning to visit Whipped & Baked since it opened. I'd heard such amazing things, and their Facebook picture of their vegan cinnamon buns on Saturday morning made too much to bare, so off we went in the car for a little pootle to Chichester.

First off, the shop is absolutely stunning! You walk in and to your left are fresh organic veggies from Wayside Organics displayed beautifully, with fantastic bread from Bread A La Mer above. The counter is in front full of AMAZING looking cakes and goodies. To the right is an equally beautiful seating area:


We decided to sit in and have a drink and cake. They had a great choice of items for vegetarians and vegans. I had a soya latte and a vegan cinnamon bun. My Husband had a hot chocolate and his favourite new york style, baked cheesecake.



My latte was gorgeous, it was made with organic soya milk which was a bonus and the coffee tasted beautiful. My cinnamon bun was phenomenal!! It had an absolutely gorgeous taste, really cinnamony (is that a word?) and the glaze was sweet and perfect.

My Husband said his hot chocolate and cheesecake were really lovely too.

I also picked up some other goodies to take home. I wanted to buy all the vegan friendly items but had to draw a line somewhere haha. So I came away with a gorgeous loaf of walnut and pumpkin seed bread (which is all gone now!) a vegan chocolate cupcake each for me and my husband and their last vegan macadamia nut and caramel slice.

This was absolutely gorgeous! I could eat a million of these (ok, slight exaggeration, but a lot anyway)

and the beautiful chocolate cupcake (please excuse the top, I slightly squished it on the way home) I've eaten my fair few vegan chocolate cupcakes and these are one of the best! Really REALLY tasty!

I cannot recommened Whipped & Baked enough. If you are anywhere near Chichester, PLEASE pay them a visit, you wont be sorry! 

Did I mention they are awesome people too?

This photo is also taken from thier Facebook page.
Please give their Facebook page a 'like' https://www.facebook.com/whippedandbaked

and make sure you support local small businesses like this ♥

1 comment:

  1. Mother of God. I am vegan and live on bognor, near chichester and just stumbled upon this page!do you know what kind of ingredients whipped and baked use for their cakes etc?

    ReplyDelete